Monday, October 06, 2008

May You Live In Interesting Times...

You know the Chinese have an old curse.

May you live in interesting times.

And we sure live in interesting times. I'm watching Richard Fuld get stretched over the coals for the policies of Lehman Bros. In the words of one analyst I read this morning, he should plead the fifth. Of course, he's not going to. He sure seems to want to clear his name. I guess these guys just feel entitled to making so much money. I guess there is no such thing as too much money to these folks.

And is it just me, or does the whole self righteous tone of the questioning today have a nasty odor of populist grandstanding and hypocrisy?

I wish that the wild ride would slow down a bit, but I have the suspicion things are going to get a bit worse before they get better. I just hope we can still afford to move back home when the dust settles...

1 comment:

Naomi, Tim, and Emi said...

Nice blog and you're interesting as always. I'll keep checking in!