Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Three weeks & counting...

I can't believe that it's coming to an end. In less than 21 days, we will be on our way back to the US of A. Time sure does fly.

Now it's all about purging stuff that we don't need to move, organizing stuff that we do need to move, and (most important of all) keeping us all happy and sane while we prepare for our move. Oh, and I'm also trying to do a little bit of exploration and have a bit of a long goodbye of all the things that I will miss about Toronto, Canada, when we are gone. And for those naysayers and cynics among you, YES, there are quite a few things that I have come to like, and even love, about Canada since we've been here, and that I will miss very much.

True, the weather is NOT one of them.





I will, however, miss every single one of the teachers at the Boys school. They have been, quite simply, everything I could have hoped for our time here in Canada. They have been dedicated, loving, sympathetic, etc. I couldn't have sat down to create them in my wildest fantasies and come up with any better. They have given the boys so much of themselves, and boys have responded in kind.

True, Cam has been a bit of a pill for the past couple of weeks, but that's for another post.




It's been a great two years for the boys, and my hope is that we will be able to launch our new lives for them in school, and us as a family, with a great deal of clarity of purpose and direction. We know what Kiki and Cam are now capable of. We now need to keep raising that bar for them, so that they can continue to develop and grow from adorable little boys to young men.




I have loved both of my babysitters very much here in Canada and I will miss them both very much.

I have loved having a selection of amazing scrapbooking stores within an half hours' drive from my house.




I have loved having the St. Lawerence Market so close, with such an excellent selection of meat, seafood and this place, where you can enjoy the best crepes I have ever had the pleasure to eat!




I have loved having a heated swimming pool, although we haven't been able to use it as much as we would have (reference the aforementioned weather). We probably won't have an inground swimming pool in our backyard again, at least not at our next house. But I have a lot of fond memories of this one to keep me happy and scrapbooking for a while.




There's been a lot to love about our stay here in Canada. I can honestly say that just about every single person I've met has been courteous and helpful, espcially with the boys. And so proud to be Canadian. They love their country, do these Canadians, as well they should.

Now, if only they could do something about the weather...

1 comment:

Navan said...

Gemma, I have to say I'm so honoured to have known your family. Knowing you and your kids changed my life- there's no two ways about it. You kept me afloat in so many ways- I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have stayed in school were it not for the incentive of getting to hang out with your family every week! You were my best friend, and I can never thank you enough for taking such good care of me. Your husband never failed to make me laugh, and your kids were the absolute light of my life. Words can't convey how much I miss you all. I know Canada wasn't necessarily where you guys wanted to be, but I'm glad to know it was a positive experience in the end. I love you all so much, Lana.